This is my first review post of GoDaddy Web Hosting and you must be wondering why I have chosen GoDaddy.
GoDaddy is one of my personal favorites for many years. By word of mouth, I have always recommended GoDaddy to everyone; however, this time I have chosen to share my experience and info with my audiences through my review post.
In this post, you will read deepest and clearest review of GoDaddy in simple words.
About the Company:
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company who has approximately 17 million happily paid customers and 6000 employees all over the world.
It was founded in 1997 by Baltimore-Maryland entrepreneur Bob Parsons which he later sold his financial share to Intuit for $64 million in 1994.
After the deal, the company name was brainstormed between the employees and decided as “GoDaddy” (2006) from “Go Daddy” (1999). This is like good to know kind of information.
GoDaddy’s Acquisitions during the decade:
- In July 2012, GoDaddy announced it would acquire Outright for an undisclosed amount.
- August 2013, GoDaddy announced it would acquire Locu for $70 million.
- In September 2013, GoDaddy acquired domain marketplace Afternic from NameMedia. GoDaddy will also acquire domain parking service SmartName and business name generator NameFind.
- On October 15, 2013, GoDaddy acquired web hosting service provider Media Temple. In a newsletter sent to its customers, Media Temple said that they “will continue operating as an independent and autonomous company.”
- In July 2014, GoDaddy acquired Canary, a small Cambridge-based smart calendar service.
- On August 20, 2014, GoDaddy acquired Mad Mimi, a Brooklyn-based email marketing service.
- In April 2015, GoDaddy acquired Elto, “a San Francisco-based startup which had been offering a marketplace that helped connect business owners and other non-technical people to web developers who could help them establish and improve their web presence.”
- In April 2015 and November 2015, GoDaddy acquired the domain portfolios of Marchex and Worldwide Media respectively.
- On May 17, 2016, GoDaddy acquired FreedomVoice for $42 million in cash. FreedomVoice is a provider of cloud-based VoIP phone systems across the United States.
- On December 6, 2016, GoDaddy announced its acquisition of Host Europe Group.
Credit: Google Wikipedia
USP’s of GoDaddy Web Hosting:
- GoDaddy, the world’s number one ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)-accredited domain registrar, offers everything you might need for establishing your online presence: from custom email accounts to complete e-commerce solutions and much more.
- The company currently manages over 70M domain names for more than 17M customers worldwide, delivering world-class products at the very competitive prices.
- GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain name register and cloud platform dedicated especially to small and independent ventures.
- They provide unlimited bandwidth (bandwidth is basically how many people can visit your site at once).
- They offer quality WordPress AutoInstall.
- GoDaddy has great security and restrictive policies that help to keep out all the scams and the attacks. They have acquired Sucurri and SiteLock companies in the web security world to protect their customer’s web privacy.
- They offer you 24X7 phone supports which are not common among hosting companies.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plans:
Linux & Windows GoDaddy Web Hosting Plans-
GoDaddy charges a monthly fee for its Linux- or Windows-based web hosting, but it reduces the price if you commit to a multi-month or annual package. Basically, it has three most popular plans: Economy, Deluxe, and Ultimate.
Best Deal: You can avail Linux Economy Web Hosting Plan with Free Domain in just $1/mo instead of $4.99/mo.
GoDaddy’s Economy basic shared web hosting package includes a free domain name, 100GB of storage, the ability to host one website, unlimited monthly data transfers, and free Microsoft 365 Business email which is a good deal for newcomers or small enterprises.
The Deluxe plan builds on the Economy package by adding unlimited storage, and unlimited domains. The Ultimate package adds a premium DNS management tool, double the processing power (Linux-based servers only), and a one-year secure socket layer (SSL) Certificate.
GoDaddy also offers different plans for different types of web hosting such as dedicated, VPS, WordPress, reseller, email, and e-commerce web hosting. However, I always recommend for shared web hosting plans for small enterprises and wannabe bloggers.
For further clarification I have listed Pros & Cons of GoDaddy to give you a more transparent picture:
PROS OF GODADDY WEB HOSTING:
Godaddy Web Hosting is Cheap:
You will find the cheapest plans for the customers even at the time of renewal. Initially, they offer $1/per month plan which sums up to $14 including taxes on sale which I feel is good enough deal to start if you taking your business and passion seriously.
Even at the time of purchasing, they already offer you more coupons for your next deals. In my opinion, it is the cheapest domain registrar and web hosting company as compared to other domain registrar companies.
Easy to Use:
The Linux web hosting especially has all the graphical representations in the cPanel to make it easy for the beginners or non-technical customers and enjoy the best experiences. With the same cPanel they can create their own websites just in few minutes.
GoDaddy builder has a very intuitive user interface as they offer their tools – drag & drop (such as inserting images, slideshows, contact forms, etc), so you can position them anywhere on your website without any restrictions.
They also gives you over 300 professional looking templates, all pre-populated with content so it makes it easy for you to build out your website (this is exceptionally helpful if you don’t know where to start!) The user interface is smooth and easy to use.
24/7/365 Customer Care Support- Phone, Live Chat and Email Support-
GoDaddy is always there to provide assistance to all the new as well as existing customers whenever they face any problem. They value their customers.
They offer 24X7 phone support which is huge as compared to other hosting companies. GoDaddy has a good reputation for providing very strong support to its customers. When I say “strong”, I mean you can pick up your phone, call them anytime and they will actually answer! I mean it.
Their website will show you how long it takes before you get through to them, and in our experiences, the average is about 5 – 10 minutes which is really good as compared to other web hosting providers. The day one you have purchased the website, they are ready to support in any way you want.
You can also engage in live chat, or if you’re not in a huge rush, you can submit a support ticket (email) in which they will get back to you in about 10 to 15 hours. So if you’re in a bit of a rush, phone support or live chat. As far as website builders go, GoDaddy has the best support system available to you.
Easy to use with Professional Designs-
GoDaddy also gives you more than 400 professional looking templates with drag and drop options. All pre-populated with content so it makes it easy for you to build out your website (this is exceptionally helpful if you don’t know where to start!)
You just have to replace their pre-populated content (such as text and images) with your own and you’re ready to go. If you want to adjust the design and layout, it’s quite easy as you can just drag content around or add new pages. The user interface is smooth and easy to use.
Great Backup and Restore Functions-
GoDaddy website builder allows you to create backup copies of your website whenever you want and where ever you want. So you can save multiple copies/versions of your website, just in case if you make a mistake and want to restore to a previous version of your website.
This is a very powerful function that no other website builders offer, and can come in very handy to you if you accidentally saved some changes that you didn’t intend to. You can save multiple versions of your website so you’re not restricted to restoring only the most recent version.
Backups are really very important.
The simple meaning of bandwidth is how many people can visit your site at the same time. Some web hosts might disturb your bandwidth by crashing your site if get hundreds of view or traffic at the same time.
On personal experience, I am stating that GoDaddy has held up well when it comes to bandwidth and have got very good reviews for the same too.
GoDaddy Web Hositng offers WordPress Auto-Installation-
WordPress has been awarded the easiest and widest platform for bloggers and website holders who are not good with HTML or coding. Anyone can be the fan of WordPress as being a single platform it controls everything in the simplest way.
With Godaddy, I believe that it offers WordPress installation very smoothly and correctly every time. You can find one this example of a website you reading currently. ROFL. You can watch the video below.
Great Security Backup-
Like any hosting company, they have issues with security. But – GoDaddy has the scale and resources to primarily tackle security problems that smaller hosts can’t work with.
This feature has to do with their huge scale (they have plenty of technology directed at thwarting spam and hackers), but also with GoDaddy’s restrictive policies but for now, it also keeps out spam and the attacks. They’ve recently acquired Sucuri and SiteLock – two major companies in the web security world.
Mobile Friendly Website:
Mobile has become the basic necessity to get the attention of your business and having a mobile-friendly website is a blessing to it. GoDaddy automatically converts your website into a mobile-friendly interface so that your visitors can visit you on their smartphones and get a different experience than looking at the desktop version of your website.
You need to be well aware that Google looks for a more mobile friendly site and places the top on the search engine. So you need to have a mobile-friendly website if you want to succeed in your venture.
Godaddy also offers an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) service which makes it above and beyond any website builder plans. Their SEO plan starts with $2.69 per month which seems a cost-effective investment as compared to other tactics. Services include granting you access to their keyword and topic suggestion tool, structuring your website with their Rich Snippet and Market Generator, 1-click submission of your website to over 100 search engines.
It also includes leading ones such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and SEO Checklist and ranking reports. While all these functions can be done manually without paying for this added service, it does take time so the question becomes whether you have enough time to manually engage in these activities.
CONS OF GODADDY WEB HOSTING:
Godaddy is crazy for its Customers-like Real Crazy
Who wants to let the customers go? No one! I don’t feel it as con however for many people it is little annoying. They won’t let you leave. Mainly because when you choose a web host – it’s a pretty big time commitment. You’ll be investing a lot of energy into your website – assuming that the host is doing their job. Even though moving web hosts should be simple. There’s a lot of little things that can make it go wrong.
Godaddy Web Hosting is very restrictive on Data-
Whenever you need to make few changes to your data, you need to go through many loops. One of the most popular WordPress contacts forms Fast Secure Contact Form has a special tutorial on how to make it work with Godaddy because generally, Godaddy rejects your forms as spam.
Basically, GoDaddy makes you do a bit more work (though they say it results in fewer spam attacks for you).
GoDaddy Web Hosting is good overall as it offers good packages and easy to use a style for beginners. It provides great security and builds a great relationship with their customers.
Though sometimes that support becomes irritating it’s better to stay in touch rather than getting neglected.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Overall:
- Award-winning support and security
- World’s #1 Domain Name Registrar
- Choice of cPanel or Plesk included
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
- World’s #1 Domain Name Registrar offers a FREE domain with hosting
- Industry-leading page load times for your site’s web pages
- Unlimited bandwidth with up to unlimited storage space
- Choose from two popular control panels: cPanel or Plesk
- Award-winning support on-hand 24/7
- Money Back Guarantee 30 days
BRL Brazilian Real, CAD Canadian Dollar, GBP Sterling, INR Indian Rupee, MXN Mexican Peso, USD US Dollar
Plans in other currencies:
BRL Brazilian Real
CAD Canadian Dollar
MXN Mexican Peso
USD US Dollars
NOTE: These are discounted prices I have shown that you can avail from the given below link. The actual Godaddy Prices keep on changing as per the season. Click here to avail the discounts.
Thanks a lot for reading! Have a great day!